Thank you very much for your interest in our organization. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously, even when you visit our website. Your data is protected in accordance with the statutory provisions, in particular GDPR and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process the personal data collected via our website and store them for the period, which is required to achieve the specified purpose and to comply with the statutory requirements. The following text informs you of the data we collect and the way we process the collected data. We also inform you about on data privacy rights as they pertain to the use of our website.
Pursuant to Article 4 No. 1 GDPR, personal data are all data referring to a specific or identifiable natural person.
1. Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society’s data protection officer
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data of the project-website https://www.ecoplate.fraunhofer.de/ the controller, the:
Fraunhofer Society for the Advancement of Applied Research
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastrasse 27 c,
D-80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
(in the following referred to as ‘Fraunhofer IPA’)
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer IPA at email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
a) During your Website Visit
You can visit the website www.ecoplate.fraunhofer.de without revealing your identity. The browser used on your terminal device merely automatically sends information to the server of our website. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
This also includes the IP address of your requesting terminal. This is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted deleted after no more than 4 days.
The IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes of establishing a stable connection. This guarantees the security and functionality of our website and enables us to trace any illegal attacks if necessary.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned security interest and the need to provide a trouble-free website.
We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from the processing of the IP address and other information in the log file.
Except in the case described under point 4, no cookies are set.
4. Web analysis/Tracking
LeadLab (wiredminds GmbH)
For our website, we use the Leadlab service of the service provider Wiredminds GmbH and the company’s pixel counting technology to analyse the habits of our website users. The analysis helps us to optimise our website. The service allows us to recognise, which companies visit our website. The data do not enable us to identify users directly.
Without your specifically given explicit consent, neither Wiredminds nor we use the so collected data to identify you personally, and your personal data are never comingled with data under a pseudonym associated with you.
To the extent that the web analysts collect IP addresses, these addresses are stripped of their last control number block upon collection to anonymise the addresses instantly.
You find the data protection statement of Wiredminds on the Wiredminds website at https://www.wiredminds.de/datenschutzhinweis/.
The provider processes the statistical data based on our legitimate interests in the optimisation of our online offerings and our web presence according to Article 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR. Wiredminds processes the data on our behalf, and we have entered into an order processing agreement with Wiredminds. Wiredminds agrees to process the data on our behalf and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Wiredminds also agrees to protect the rights of the affected persons.
In case you reject the collection of data and the analysis of your user activities, please use our Opt-Out-Cookie to prevent the installation of our cookies. This will prevent the future collection of data when you use our website. The opt-out cookie in your device works only in the used browser and applies only to our website. If you delete the cookies in the computer’s cookie folder, you have to install the opt-out cookie again.
5. Your Rights as Affected Person
You have the following rights:
- According to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke any consent declaration at any time, which you may have given to us before. This has the consequence that we are no longer privileged to continue the respective activity.
- According to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to demand information on your personal data, which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
Purposes of the data processing
The categories of personal data,
The categories of recipients to which we transmitted/disclosed or will transmit your data
The planned storage periods of data
The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection
The right to appeal
The right to know the origin of data in the event that we did not collect these data
The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence on automated decision-making including profiling
- According to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to the correction of incorrect and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer Society
- According to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the deletion of your personal data providing the deletion does not interfere with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and with the compliance with legal obligations, providing the deletion is not against public interest and providing the deletion does not hamper the enforcement, execution or defence of legal claims
- According to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is illegal but you reject the deletion of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to enforce, execute or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing according to Article 21 GDPR
- According to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- According to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a superior authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your place of residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your personal data, based on Article 6 para. 1, lit. f GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6, para. 1, lit. e GDPR (data processing based on fair balancing) for reasons, which arise from your specific situation. This shall also apply to the profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is supported by this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can establish compelling evidence, which is worthy of protection and outweighs your interests, rights and privileges, or unless the processing serves the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it does not relate to such direct advertising.
If you like to claim your right to object, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
6. Data Security
We transmit all your personal data using the generally used and secure encryption standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard. Bankers use the standard for online banking transactions. You recognise a secure TLS connection by the s following the http (https://...) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
By the way, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against inadvertent or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
7. Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or based on statutory or government standard, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You find the latest applicable data protection information by clicking the link on this website: https://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en/data_protection.html. You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time. You should return to this page from time to time to ensure that you agree to any changes.
8. Existence of automated decision-making
We do not implement automated decision-making processes or profiling.
9. Contact Partner
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please get in touch with us.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in its entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions of this data protection declaration. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.